Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grilled Ham-Wrapped Asparagus

Posted by Donna:

Several weeks ago, I got on an asparagus "kick" and made several different recipes. This is one of them. It's very quick and simple.

8 - 10 asparagus spears, washed and snapped
8 - 10 thinly sliced deli ham

Drizzle each asparagus spear with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roll each spear in a piece of deli ham.

Grill until the ham is crisp and the asparagus spears are tender---5 - 6 minutes. Turn the spears once during grilling.


*****The original recipe called for thinly sliced proscuiutto. When I find recipes calling for this, I always use deli sliced ham. I'm really not sure what the difference is anyway.

*******The original recipe also had this vinaigrette recipe that could be drizzled over the spears after grilling. I was short on time; so, I didn't make this.

1 large garlic clove
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 T. Dijon mustard
salt and pepper
1/2 cup olive oil

Make vinaigrette by whisking garlic, vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper in a 2 cup measuring cup. Slowly whisk in the oil until you reach the 1 cup mark.

I think the vinaigrette sounds really good. I plan on trying it on the spears next time.

The ham-wrapped asparagus is very filling. I could only eat a couple. They are really good. This is a keeper recipe for me. I found this recipe on threemanycooks.com Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover