Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dreamy Apricot Salad

Posted by Donna:

This is a recipe I "procured" from a co-worker. I had signed up to bring a jello salad to a funeral meal and my mind went blank as to which one to take. I found this one that I had marked as a "to do" recipe and decided to try it. I think you would really enjoy it as well.

2 (3 oz.) pkgs. apricot gelatin
2/3 cup sugar
2 ( 4 3/4 oz.) jars apricot baby food
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
1 (8 oz.) pkg. softened cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 - 1/2 cups chopped pecans

Combine gelatin, sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve gelatin and sugar. Remove from heat and add fruit. Cool. Beat cream cheese and condensed milk in a bowl until smooth. Combine with the gelatin mixture and pecans, mixing well. Pour into a 3 qt. dish. Chill until firm.

It is very rich, but women really like it. A friend of mine took some of the leftovers home when I took it to the funeral meal, and her husband gave it thumbs up, also.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover