Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crispy No-Bake Cookies

Posted by Lori:
Maybe you've had these before, but maybe not. I had them growing up, but had never made them until a few years ago. My son, Zachary, kept talking about a peanut butter Rice Krispie treat that his friend's mom would make and send on school trips. He really liked the treats, so when I made regular Rice Krispie treats, I began putting peanut butter in them (which is great, too!). He liked them, but said they weren't the same. Finally, I asked the mom about the recipe and found that it was the one I remembered from my childhood. We called them "Special K" cookies, but you can use Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, or any other "crispy" type of cereal.

Crispy No-Bake Cookies

1 c. sugar
1 c. corn syrup
1 c. peanut butter
6 c. cereal

Bring sugar and syrup to a boil, but do not boil. Add peanut butter. Pour over cereal and mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and allow to cool OR pour into 9 x 13 inch buttered pan; allow to cook and cut into squares.

TIP: You know the chocolate no bake cookies? They can also be poured into a well-buttered pan. Either use a 9 x 13 for thicker bar cookies or a jelly roll pan (10 x 15 x 1). I got this tip from our Bible camp kitchen staff! It's a huge time saver.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover