Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pineapple Cake

Posted by Donna:

I first ate this cake about three or four years ago, and it's on my "favorite desserts" list now. One observation I've noticed about pineapple: men love it---or at least the men I know do. In my immediate family, desserts become somewhat of a concern for me at meals. It goes from liking everything, or only certain things. When you're cooking for family, you want everyone to have something they enjoy. Believe it or not, I consider my sons-in-law first. (That statement will make my daughters really happy!!!! tee hee) I was so thrilled the first time I fixed this cake because they both liked it. It also passed with flying colors when my husband and older brother ate it. That's when I realized I could never go wrong with this Pineapple Cake on the dessert menu.

Pineapple Cake

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. soda
1 large can crushed pineapple (undrained)
1/2 cup pecans
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all the ingredients together and beat for 3 minutes.

Pour into a greased/floured sheet cake pan. ( mine is 10 x 15 )
Bake for about 25 minutes. I don't know about you; but, I've learned to touch the top of my cakes and know when they're ready. I like my cakes done, but moist. Let the cake cool down before adding frosting.

Frosting:

1 pkg. cream cheese, softened to room temperature (8 oz.)
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cups pecans
1/2 cup margarine
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt the margarine. Pour into a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla and beat until smooth. After the frosting is smooth, stir in the pecans.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover