Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cherry Dump Cake

Posted by Donna:
I absolutely love the cake I'm posting today. Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. It is true in this case. I'm pretty sold on cherries----cherry pie, cherry cream cheese pie, cherry cobbler, and today's cherry cake. I'm sure some of you fix this quite often. For those of you that haven't tried this before, you really must bake it. It is yummy!!

Cherry Dump Cake

1 large can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 can cherry pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
2 sticks margarine, melted

Layer the first four ingredients in the order listed in a 9 x 13 cake pan. Drizzle the melted margarine over the layered ingredients. Do not mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

This is wonderful by itself, but it's even more wonderful with ice cream on top!!!! My mouth is watering right now.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover