Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cheese' N' Chicken Enchiladas

Most of our posts this week have been in the "Mexican Food" category; so, I'm going to continue that and post another one. This particular recipe came from a teacher that I taught with the year I retired---which was seven years ago. During my twenty- seven years of teaching, I gained some really good recipes. This one, I think, is one of my favorites.

Cheese' N' Chicken Enchiladas
Posted by Donna:

1/4 cup chopped yellow or white onion
2 T. margarine
1 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
1 (12 oz.) jar of mild picante sauce, divided
1 pkg. cream cheese, cubed
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
8 (6 inch) corn tortillas ( flour tortillas can also be used)

Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook and stir the onion and margarine in a large skillet until the onion is tender. Stir in the chicken, one fourth cup picante sauce, cream cheese and cumin; cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in 1 cup of the sharp cheddar cheese. Spoon about one third cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place each tortilla seamside down in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with extra picante sauce and cheese. Bake 15 minutes.

These are very filling by themselves; but, I usually serve Spanish rice, salad, and guacamole with them.

Have a great weekend!!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover