Monday, February 17, 2014

Slow Cooker Breakfast Burritos

Last Wednesday morning, we fed the high school girls and boys a breakfast.  It is hard to get up early (for me, anyway) and cook everything that day, so I did as much as possible the day and night before.

One new thing I tried - and liked - was making a layered casserole breakfast dish in my Crock Pot (slow cooker....might not even be the real "Crock Pot" brand, but that's what I call it, anyway!).  The layers cooked well, and I just stirred them up and made it ready-to-scoop into warmed flour tortillas.

SLOW COOKER BREAKFAST BURRITOS
1 pkg. (26-32 oz.) shredded hash browns
1 to 2 pounds sausage, cooked and drained
(*Note: I cooked some plain, then some with onions and peppers for the second Crock Pot)
12 - 18 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 lb. shredded cheddar cheese (4 cups)

Grease the inside of your slow cooker. Spread hash browns in the bottom, leveling the layer.  Add cooked sausage.  Add cheddar cheese layer Crack eggs into medium bowl.  Add milk, salt, and pepper.  Whisk until mixed well. Pour over cheese.  Bake on low for 6-8 hours.  After about 6 hours, I stirred the mixture (since it WAS going in burritos).  I had a larger Crock Pot that had a little bit more of each ingredient, so it needed to cook a little more. I turned it up to high for an hour.  The smaller Crock Pot, with these ingredients, was done, but I left it on low for the remaining time.  I stirred it, as well.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover