Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sunday Roast and Veggies

I remember showing this picture on my "Shine Like Stars" blog on a Disney World post, but I just realized I never shared the recipe with you.

This meal was made for my family over Christmas vacation while we were staying in our rent house.  When I went to the store, I bought everything we needed for the meal, plus one big roaster. The house is supplied, but not with big baking pans, so I purchased this disposable aluminum pan. It worked perfectly and our lunch was almost completely ready when we got home from worship on the first Sunday we were there.

Just put your roast (I had two of them.) in the bottom of the pan, and top with potatoes (cut up or whole), carrots, and green beans.  Pour water to about one inch deep and add three spoonfuls of beef base down in the water. (It's like bouillon, but in a paste form and without added salt.).  Bake 4 - 5 hours.  Make gravy with liquid, if desired.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I've never put green beans on top like that - do they stay firm?

Unknown said...

Yes, they do! Maybe because they were on top, so not down in the liquid, though. (?)

 
Pin It button on image hover