Thursday, November 29, 2012

Joseph's Coat of Many Colors

Last night I taught the 4 and 5 year old Bible class about Joseph and his coat of many colors.  I've taught this lesson to children many times in the past and usually have used brown paper sacks to let them make their own "coats of many colors", but this time I did something different.  I raided one of my middle son's drawer to gather up plain white t-shirts for the kids.
After the lesson, I cut the t-shirts right up the middle in the front, making them easy to put on and so they would resemble a coat. Then the students made them "colorful" with washable markers.  Their shirts aren't really colorful like they could have been, but they got the idea and had fun making them.  You could start out with a colored t-shirt if you planned ahead a little better than I did!  I've also done this with tie-dyed shirts, just to let them wear, but not decorate.

Simple illustrations help the children retain the story they learn.  Having fun while learning makes it even better!

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats an excellent idea,. I have to remember this one.


erika

Unknown said...

Thank you, Erika!

 
Pin It button on image hover