Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall Burlap Wreath

(New Wreath for Friend)

A few weeks ago a friend asked me to make her a burlap wreath with some fall decorations on it.  It took me a while to find the time to get it done, but today I finally managed to finish it!  I actually like it better than the one I made myself.  I think I tried to do mine too sparingly and used just two rolls of burlap.  This wreath has 3 1/2 rolls making it fuller.  I may have to add to my own!

Directions for the wreath can be found on THIS post. (Now that I look back at that wreath, it wasn't very pretty with just the leaves on it, but I knew it needed more.  Was in a hurry to show you the "how to"!) I used a 12 inch wire wreath form for this wreath and the one in the directions.  The fall picks are just inserted into the wreath and the wired ends wrapped around the wreath form.  They'll be easy to remove when my friend wants to change it up.  The brown burlap ribbon bow is tied on for easy removal.  Other smaller brown burlap ribbon is tucked into the wreath, not even secured - just poked into the loops.

(This is my first wreath, but updated with a burlap bow topped with a brown burlap ribbon bow.  Satin orange ribbon and brown burlap thinner ribbon is weaved in and out within the loops. This is only two rolls of burlap, so thinner and less full, but still full enough to work.)

The cost for the wreath for my friend (top picture) was about $48.00 and that is with some items 50% off.  Maybe if you hit it just right you could get a few things a little cheaper, though.  When my friend left she said she'd send others my way.  I told her not to!  I certainly don't have the time to sit around making wreaths all of the time, though didn't mind doing it for her at all.  And if I did, I'd have to start charging for my time.  Not sure anyone would want to pay $75.00 for this wreath.  But maybe you do and maybe you would like to make these wreaths.  Have at it!  I'll just do it for fun......and only occasionally! :)  Like once or twice a year! (ha ha!)

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover