Posted by Lori:
This ivory lamp shade was dirty and plain. My husband had picked up some burlap sacks from a farm supply store (They were on sale for 99 cents!!!) so I could use a few for decorating. These trims were made with the seam parts of the bag. I just cut the bottom or sides of the bag into about 2 inch strips, turned them over to the inside of the seam side, frayed the edges of the bigger, underneath piece, and hot-glued the trip on. For the top trim, I made it ruffled by scrunching it up some as I glued.
The flower is a new addition to the scrapbooking section at Hobby Lobby. The burlap flower is hotglued on and the organza/muslin ivory flower is a sticker. What a quick "fix up" for this less-than-new lampshade!
Pin It Now!