Thursday, December 1, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Gifts

Posted by Lori:

Mom may have already posted about this in the past, but just in case she hasn't, I thought I would share. She did this for Kimberly and I several years ago. Since then, I've done it for a few family members. It's a lot of fun to put together and lots of fun for the recipient, as well!
Gather up 12 presents - small, large, anything! Some ideas are Christmas tissues, decorative towels, mug with hot chocolate mix, gift cards, books, socks, kitchen items, just to name a few.  This niece-in-law is expecting so it was even more fun throwing in a few special surprises for my expected great niece who will be here in the spring!  Wrap up each present, individually and place them in a large box.
Attach a note or a little poem describing how the recipient should open one package every day.  Sorry this is sideways.  I can't get it to change!
Now, wrap up the big box, attach the instructions with a bow, and deliver your package to your special person!  You could wait and do this for the 12 days right before Christmas, but for me, it's just too hard to wait!  I always do it from December 1st - 12th.

Merry Christmas to YOU!
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Fun! Similar to a moving away gift for a family we have done. 12 people each picked a month of the year and got them a gift associated with that month. All put into a laundry basket and on the first day of that month they were able to open up a gift from "Home."

 
Pin It button on image hover