Thursday, May 19, 2011

Asparagus with Bacon

Posted by Donna:

My aunt shared this recipe with me. She had told me how good it was, and after making it, I agree with her.


Asparagus with Bacon

1 lb. small asparagus spears
6 slices precooked bacon ( I fried my own bacon and crumbled it. I always prefer this over the precooked. It's probably not healthier--I just like it better.)
2 T. olive oil
1 tsp. or more of garlic salt
Pepper


After breaking the bottoms off the asparagus spears, coat the spears with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper and place in a baking dish.

Put crumbled bacon on top of the spears. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, 10 - 20 minutes. It took mine 20 minutes to bake. Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yum! I think it's so pretty when the spears are wrapped in bacon, too!

Donna said...

I think that would probably be an even better way to bake the asparagus. Larry and I were talking about that last night. I think I'll do that next time.

 
Pin It button on image hover