Saturday, June 27, 2009

Chicken Ranch Quesadillas

Chicken Ranch Quesadillas
posted by Donna:

I don’t know about you, but I read recipe books like some people read books. I can’t count the number of books that have recipes marked or page corners turned down. One in particular that I’ve had marked to try out on our grandchildren is the quesadilla recipe. The perfect opportunity came this week when I had some of them here long enough to REMEMBER to try it. It was a big hit with the three of them, as well as Kimberly and me. Even the leftovers were great!!!! It’s almost too simple to be so good. I knew the minute we ate these that it had to be shared!!!!!


Chicken Ranch Quesadillas

2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
½ cup ranch dressing
½ cup Picante sauce (I used mild)
1 pkg. (8 inch) soft flour or whole wheat tortillas
1 (8 oz.) pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese

Mix the shredded cooked chicken, ranch dressing, and Picante sauce together. Spread the mixture on a tortilla; top with cheese and add another tortilla on top. Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and grill until the tortillas are browned on each side and the cheese is melted. I used scissors and cut each quesadilla into four pieces. The grandkids loved dipping theirs in ranch dressing.

This recipe makes 4 quesadillas. I doubled it to feed five of us with just enough leftovers for a snack. The kids had the flour tortillas and we “big girls” had the wheat. I love the taste of the whole wheat tortillas; plus, they’re healthier. A green salad works great with these, also.

I have always done just the cheese quesadillas. These fill you up faster by adding the chicken.
Hopefully, this will become a favorite of yours, especially during the summer while school is out and you need a quick meal.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover