Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fresh Peach Pie

Posted by Lori:

Mom posted this recipe when we first began our blog, but according to the stats, not many saw it.  I decided to re-post it for you today.....because it sounds good and I'm hungry!  It was my grandma's recipe, but mom and I both enjoy making it now.


Fresh Peach Pie

Slice 5 or 6 large fresh peeled peaches, enough to fill an unbaked pie crust

Mix together 2 cups sugar, 6 T. flour, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg and 1/8 tsp. cloves.
Pour over the sliced peaches.
Put small dollops of butter on top of the peaches and sugar mixture.
Cover with the top unbaked pie crust. I always make a lattice topped crust. If you do a solid crust on top, be sure and cut slits in it.

Sprinkle sugar on top.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.

Be sure and have some vanilla ice cream (*My family would prefer BLUE BELL!) on hand to put the finishing "yummy" touch on the pie!!!!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover