Monday, April 23, 2012

Buttermilk Pie

Posted by Donna:

I have seen this recipe for years in my various cookbooks. After one of our sons-in-law was in the hospital recently, a friend baked him a Buttermilk Pie. He really liked this. I decided I should make one for Larry and me. Larry ate the whole pie by himself--minus the one piece that I ate. It's a good old-fashioned pie. From what I can tell, everyone uses just about the same recipe.

Buttermilk Pie

2 cups sugar
3 - 4 T. flour
4 eggs
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup melted margarine or butter
1 T. vanilla

After melting the margarine, add the sugar and flour and mix very well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Lastly, add the buttermilk and vanilla. Beat about one minute. Bake in an unbaked crust 45 - 55 minutes. You want the center to be almost firm.

When I told Larry I was making a buttermilk pie, he really questioned the buttermilk.
He did say pecan, chocolate and coconut were still his favorites, but he definitely liked this. I told him I thought I would share it with some friends of ours, and he said, "No, you can share it all with me!" I think that was a compliment---not quite sure. Either it was or he was just being stingy!!!!!! (tee hee)







Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover