Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip

**Note from Lori:  Mom and I posted at the same time yesterday, so if you didn't see this one of hers before, we're sending it out again!  Sorry about that!

Posted by Donna:

A couple of years ago, we were visiting some friends from church. Their daughter had made a very good hot dip that we really liked. I asked for the recipe, but her mother wasn't for sure which one her daughter had made. I found this recipe on allrecipes that sounded pretty much like what her mother was suggesting it could have been. Whether it was the same thing or not, most of the adults and the older grandchildren really liked it.

Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 (10 oz.) cans chunk chicken, drained
2 ( 8oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce, or to your liking
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Heat the chicken and hot sauce until heated through. Stir in the cream cheese and ranch dressing. Stir and cook until the cheese is melted. Mix in the half the cheddar cheese. Once the cheese is blended and melted somewhat, put into a crock pot. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top. Cover and cook on low until ready to serve. Serve with chips, crackers or vegetables of your choice.

When I made this, I only had 15 oz. of chicken; so, I had to adjust all the ingredients, but you really can't go wrong. I think I added a little more hot sauce than called for just because I know how "men" like the stronger flavor. I liked it even better when it was heated up later for leftovers after it had been sitting in the fridge for a few hours.

One thing for sure, it is definitely a keeper for my "sandwich" meals. Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover