Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Polynesian Teriyaki Chicken

Posted by Lori:

One of the first recipes I posted on our blog was Waikiki Chicken.  It's still a favorite, though I don't make it often because the chicken is fried first.  Several weeks ago, I found a frozen product at Sam's Club called Tyson Teriyaki Chicken Filets.  I bought them and decided to combine the sauce of the Waikiki Chicken with the Teriyaki Chicken.

The new dish, Polynesian Teriyaki Chicken was very tasty!  Everyone in my family liked it.  I will say, though, that some of us would not eat it again because the chicken has more fat that most of us like.  It's a thigh filet, not a breast, so the fat content is more (I didn't read closely when I first bought the item.)  I'm posting it because if the thigh portions appeal to you and your family, this will be a recipe you will want to try!

Polynesian Teriyaki Chicken

1 package Tyson Teriyaki Chicken Filets (Here is the link for them from Sam's Club)
2 - 20 ounce can chunked pineapple 
1 1/2 cup cider vinegar 
4 tablespoon cornstarch 
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 
2 chicken bouillon cube (or 2 tablespoons of chicken base)
2 cup sugar 
2 tablespoon soy sauce 
1- 2 large green bell pepper, coarsely chopped 


Drain both cans of pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to make 2 1/2 cups of liquid. Mix sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Add pineapple juice mixture and next 4 ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over chicken Top with pineapple and green bell pepper.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover