Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Berry Parfaits

Posted by Lori:

Have you tried the small little parfaits from McDonalds?  They are YUMMY!  I get them when I'm trying to eat healthier and say NO to the French fries! :)  They really are good and make you feel like you're getting a special treat!

These are my copy kat version of the Mickey D Parfaits.  I made a lot of them for the annual "Back to School Breakfast" that will be served to the Tipton faculty tomorrow morning.  It will be a healthy alternative to some of the other things that will be served!

Berry Parfaits

Vanilla flavored yogurt
Sliced and whole strawberries
Blueberries
Granola

In small dishes, spoon a layer of vanilla yogurt in bottom of each dish.  Add a layer of sliced strawberries and some blueberries.  Top with more yogurt and fruit as a garnish.  I will serve granola in a bowl on the side, but it could be layered in the dishes when preparing them. (I didn't want it to get soggy.)

Pin It Now!
 
Pin It button on image hover