Monday, August 15, 2011

Chocolate Glob Cake

Posted by Lori:

Yesterday after worship, my husband grilled t-bone steaks....not something we have very often, but something we were all looking forward to!  Because of this special meal, I decided to bake a cake for dessert (also something we don't have very often!  In fact, the kids asked who the cake was for because usually when I bake one it's for someone else! Sad, isn't it??! :)

I quickly baked a German Chocolate cake mix, but put it in a sheet cake pan, and baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Right out of the oven, I put a whole package of marshmallows (Kraft brand, stackers made specifically for s'mores) all over the top of the cake, then topped it with hot chocolate icing.  This recipe.  

The Chocolate Glob Cake was delicious!  It was ready in about 25 minutes and isn't going to last long in our house!

On this Gratituesday, I am grateful for simple, unplanned recipes that turn out to be family favorites that will be requested for years and years!

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that sounds like a yummy cake. Where is the picture of in :(

Lori said...

I should have, but have been having trouble uploading so didn't take the time.....Sorry! I was going to after you asked, but all that was left was crumbs! I knew it wouldn't last long :).

 
Pin It button on image hover