Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pioneer Woman's Waffles

Guess what?  I followed another recipe exactly! I know! I can't believe it, either! What's happening to me??? :)

And, another thing...It's a Pioneer Woman recipe. I may become a PW junkie.  No...I don't think so, but I at least have found a few recipes of things that actually sound like I know all of the ingredients and can find in our rural area of Oklahoma.

On a side note, and a little bit of info about the house the Pioneer Woman lives in now. Would you believe that I've actually been there?  I stayed in that house (it was a lodge at that time) and my aunt's family owned it and lived in the house on the ranch. She and my uncle were married at her home (not the lodge) and I was the flower girl. I vaguely remember the place, but only that it had pretty green hills (they may have been small bumps, but for this flat land, SW Oklahoma girl, they were hills. Maybe even mountains :). )  Aren't you glad you found out that tidbit of info?

So, the recipe I made was waffles.  And I cooked them on a cute little heart-shaped waffle iron! And they really are delicious, even for me, a non-waffle fan.  My husband and two of our children really, really like waffles, so they were excited!

PIONEER WOMAN'S WAFFLES

2 cups All-purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Sugar
1-1/2 cup Milk
2 whole Egg Yolks
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoonVanilla Extract
1 stick (1/2 Cup) Salted Butter, Melted
4 whole Egg Whites

Preheat the waffle iron to the regular setting.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, 2 egg yolks, and vanilla. Pour over the dry ingredients and very gently stir until halfway combined. Pour in the melted butter and continue mixing very gently until combined.

In a separate bowl using mixer, beat the egg whites with a whisk until stiff. Slowly fold them into the batter, stopping short of mixing them all the way through.

Scoop the batter into your waffle iron in batches and cook according to its directions (lean toward being a little deep golden and crisp!) Remove and serve immediately.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Pin It button on image hover