Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Baked Corn


I really don't like to cook food in the microwave. I don't mind heating something quickly, but don't want to nuke my food too long, you know?  So, when I bought this corn, I planned to just put it in a pan on the stove.  This "experiment" started out to be roasted corn, but maybe it just didn't cook long enough or at a hot enough temperature, but we ended up really, really liking the way it turned out, anyway!  So, I thought I would share it with you.

BAKED CORN
2 packages frozen corn (I used Valley Fresh Steamers Extra Sweet Niblets Corn from Green Giant)
6 tablespoons salted butter
1 teaspoon sea salt (can use regular salt)
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Place corn in baking dish.  Slice butter into 1/4 inch pieces and place over corn.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes (my oven cooks slow, so it took 60).  Stir once or twice while baking.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover