Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Roasted Yellow Squash


Our oldest son planted a garden this year and grew some yellow squash for me.  I was excited, but since I'm the only one who will eat it boiled, decided to try it another way - roasted.  I think I have a few more in the family that will now eat squash! Yay!  That's a good thing since we're going to have an abundance of the yellow veggie!

Oh, and by the way....can you believe it?  It's a NEW recipe!!  I'm so excited!  It's because for the first time this summer, I've actually been home a few days.  Hopefully there will be more new recipes to come in the future.

I found the recipe at this link: 
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/08/roasted-yellow-squash.html

My pictures of the finished squash don't look as good as the ones on the link, but it tasted great and that's all that matters!

Roasted Yellow Squash

2 cups yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch thick half moons
1/2 tablespoon olive oil (I used a little bit more because it wasn't coating the squash well)
pinch of garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl combine yellow squash, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss to mix. Place the squash on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the lower part of the oven 10 to 12 minutes (my "vintage"....well "old" oven took 20 - 25 minutes!), or until the bottom is golden. Remove and serve immediately.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover