Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ham with Pineapple-Orange Sauce


  • Posted by Lori:

I tried this recipe last week and everyone in my family really liked it.  My children don't like pineapple, but I assured them that it would just flavor the ham and they didn't have to actually eat the pineapple.  Since my husband and I do like it, we had plenty of it to eat!

Ham with Pineapple-Orange Sauce

  • 1 small fully cooked, sliced ham
  • 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened sliced pineapple (I used a larger can of pineapple chunks)
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layer ham slices in casserole dish.  Drain pineapple juices into small bowl, reserving the pineapple. Mix the pineapple juice, orange juice, brown sugar, corn starch and vinegar together in small bowl. Pour sauce over ham.  Pour pineapple over ham.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until heated throughly.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

YUm! May have to try that sauce recipe!

 
Pin It button on image hover