Thursday, June 28, 2012

Redneck Tips from the Kitchen....or Laundry Room

Posted by Lori:

Last weekend I was making a cake.  The recipe said to beat eggs with an electric mixer for three minutes.  That is a LONG time to stand and hold the mixer when you've got lots of other things to be doing, isn't it?  Well, I came up with a solution - a stand mixer!  But, it's not the nice stand mixers some of you may have.  This standing mixer creation is straight from a redneck, as you can see!  But, you know what?  It worked!
I realized I might have forgotten to share another redneck idea with you.  This was from a family trip last year.  We were staying at a hotel in Arlington, TX and had great Mexican food leftovers from Pappasitos.  The hotel room had a refrigerator, but no microwave....SOOOOOOO, I improvised and heated the food on the next best thing - an iron!  And guess what???!!  It worked, too!
And since this is mostly a humorous post about redneck tips (although they really do work!), I thought I'd share one more funny picture.  I found this funny looking carrot one day as I was peeling carrots.  It looked like a person!  My daughter gave it some eyes and we kept him around a few days.  He aged really fast.....got all wrinkled up and shriveled.....but we sure had some laughs while he was around!
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

LOL! My college son made a toasted cheese sandwich recently by laying the toaster on its side!

 
Pin It button on image hover