Friday, June 1, 2012

Crustless Quiche

Posted by Donna:

I went for a haircut the other day, and my hairstylist and I started talking about "food." She and her family eat very healthy, but very well. They don't eat bread, potatoes, except sweet occassionally, or sugar (she said they might fudge once in a while and have a little sugar). It's strictly vegetables, lean meat, fish, chicken, and fruit. She also said this quiche is one of their favorites, and that they eat it a couple of times a week.

 I fixed it for Larry and me the next day, and he loved it and kept commenting on it. It's so simple. This is the amount I did for Larry and me.

Crustless Quiche 

1/2 lb. hamburger meat, browned and rinsed to get the grease off
chopped onion
chopped green bell pepper
five eggs
salt and pepper

Brown the meat and rinse under hot water to get the excess grease off. Spread the meat in a greased casserole dish. Layer about a half cup chopped onion on top of the meat--followed by about a half cup of chopped bell pepper. Whisk the eggs and add salt and pepper to the them. Pour on top of the layers.

I added some shredded cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 - 30 minutes.

My hairstylist does hers this way:

1 lb. meat
Enough vegetables to make 2 cups ( onions, green or red bell peppers, chopped spinach, squash, jarred red peppers)
She said she changed it up from time to time with the veggies
7 eggs
Shredded cheese

Larry ate almost the whole dish in one setting. He said he wanted the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. I knew he would like it because of the peppers and onions. Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover