Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Homemade Enchilada Sauce

Posted by Lori:

Enchilada sauce has gotten fairly expensive and I don't always keep it on hand. Today my family (mostly my three boys) asked for enchiladas for supper.  In the past I've tried homemade enchilada sauce recipes, only to be disappointed with the results.  This afternoon I searched the web for a homemade enchilada sauce and we were all pleasantly surprised!  Everyone really liked this sauce!  I had the Knorr's Caldo de Tomate in the spice cabinet already, since I had made a Spanish Rice with it several months ago (search Spanish Rice on blog home page.)  I found this recipe on www.plainchicken.com.  It was adapted from another site.

Homemade Enchilada Sauce

1/2 cup of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Knorr's Caldo de Tomate
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoon chili powder
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth

In a medium sauce pan, whisk together all ingredients. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring
constantly.
  Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I've never really liked enchilada sauce unless it was the sour cream sauce. I might like this home made kind, tho!

 
Pin It button on image hover