Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hot Chocolate

Posted by Donna:


Our grandchildren from Lubbock were here last week for Thanksgiving. Usually when they're visiting at Thanksgiving or Christmas, we have hot chocolate and watch a movie. Last night was the night we had our hot chocolate. I've always just used the Nestle's instant mix; but, I decided to do it the old fashioned way. I don't think I've done it this way since my girls were little. It may not be as quick, but it is so good. Usually, when I do the instant hot chocolate, the girls never drink all of theirs, but last night there wasn't a drop left in their mugs. That pretty well told me they liked their hot chocolate!!!!!

Hot Chocolate

1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup hot water
4 cups milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla


Mix cocoa, sugar, and water in a saucepan. Stir constantly until mixture boils.(Use medium heat.) After the mixture comes to a boil, continue to stir and boil for about a minute. Add the milk and vanilla. Heat, but do not boil. Pour into mugs and add marshmallows, if desired. Yum--What a treat on a cold night!!!!

The good thing about this is that it can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator.

Blake, our grandson, said he was going to start doing his hot chocolate this way because it was so good, but also because he said it would save money not buying the instant mixes. Whether it saves money or not, it's pretty hard to beat anything homemade. Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Frances said...

Sounds delish! And I have all the ingredients.

Donna said...

It is good--if it's too chocolatey for you, more milk can be added. I forgot to add that on the post--
Thanks for visiting us.

 
Pin It button on image hover