Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chicken Burrito

Posted by Donna:

Isn't funny how we ladies are!!!!!!! We're always looking for healthy or good low-fat recipes. However, when we fix them, it makes us want to eat more pie, cookies, or snicker bars. This is exactly what my younger daughter and I did this week. She gets a lot of recipes from sparkpeople.com---they're very healthy and good. Last week, I had gotten a "healthy" recipe from there; so, while she and her three children were here this week, I made the recipe I'm sharing today. Of course, we followed our meal with a non-healthy, very fattening, and very rich chocolate pie. I think the good one off-sets the bad one----from what I gather!!!!!

Chicken Burrito

This recipe makes about five large burritos.

Three chicken breasts---boiled and shredded

Mix the shredded breasts with one package of taco seasoning---plus a little water or rotel to make it not so dry. I used water with mine.

On each wheat tortilla, spread the following in the order listed(down the middle of each):

Refried beans

taco seasoned chicken

cheddar cheese

chopped tomato

chopped onion

Roll up each tortilla, wrap in foil, and place on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.

**The other option is to roll up each tortilla and broil it for about 2-3 minutes on each side. This makes the tortilla crunchy--which I just love.

Either way proves to be really good.

We felt so healthy after eating this---that's why we felt like we deserved a piece of chocolate pie---as a reward for being so good!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover