Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Buttermilk Pie

Posted by Lori:
I had heard of buttermilk pie, but had never eaten it until a few weeks ago at a church dinner. It was made by a friend and I asked if I could post it.  I don't care for buttermilk to drink, but it's a great addition to many recipes.  This pie is DELICIOUS!!  Geneva says it's a very old recipe - one that she's been making herself over 50 years and that it was "old" when she got it!  She also says there is a "story" about the pie she's going to tell me.  I can't wait to hear it!
BUTTERMILK PIE by Geneva

3 1/2 Cups Sugar
6 Eggs, well beaten
1/2 Cup Flour
1 Cup Butter, melted
1/2 t. Salt
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 t. Vanilla

Mix sugar, flour, and salt; add to eggs, butter, buttermilk and vanilla. Bake in unbaked pie shells (this recipe makes two pies). Bake in unbaked pie shell 1 hour at 350.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover