Monday, March 2, 2015

Chewy Chocolate Cookies


These are my husband's favorite cookie, and sadly, I rarely make them for him.  I was sure I had posted them before, but couldn't find them.  They are too chocolatey for me, so I don't often think of them to bake.  And neither of us need more cookies, anyway, so we are on the continual battle of staying away from sweets.  BUT, on this past snowy weekend, our oldest son asked to make these cookies I had planned to make. My husband was excited! It's his mother's recipe and one he remembers her making.

Chewy Chocolate Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 cup cocoa
2 1/4 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl. Cream together shortening and sugar in large mixing bowl.  Add eggs, vanilla, and milk. Mix well.   Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing well.  Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.  Dip moistened end of flat glass into sugar and press down to coat cookies with sugar.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  Be careful not to overcook.  Cookies will be done when set to light touch.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover