Friday, October 18, 2013

Ice Cream in a Bag

A few weeks ago, I had a 4-H meeting.  Our county extension FCS educator helped me and gave me a great idea to do with the members: Ice Cream in a bag!
I had seen it done before, but had never done it with students or my own kids.
To make the ice cream, take one quart ziplock bag.  Place 1 cup of half and half, 1/2 cup of sugar (can use 4 tablespoons for Stevia), and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
Fill a gallon zip lock bag half full with ice.  Add 1/2 cup of rock salt.  Place smaller bag (zip well!) inside of larger bag.  Zip large bag well.  Shake for five minutes or until ice cream is hard.  After it hardens, remove the quart bag of ice cream from the larger bag. 
Run the bag under water to clean off the salt, taking care to get the top, near the zip lock seam.  Open the bag, grab a spoon, and enjoy!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover