Monday, August 19, 2013

Pizza Grilled Cheese

I found this Pizza Grilled Cheese recipe on Facebook, but originally heard of it from a friend's daughter. She was doing mission work over seas, and her host families' mom made these delicious sandwiches. I couldn't remember everything she said about how to do the sandwiches, so was really excited to see the recipe come across my newsfeed a few days later!  They were a BIG HIT with my family! It's always great to get a new, quick and easy recipe that also tastes delicious!
(I made more than is called for in the recipe, but below is for two sandwiches.)

4 slices of bread (I used Arroweat Italian sliced bread)
Buter
4 sliced mozzarella (I used shredded)
Italian seasoning
Parmesan cheese (optional, but I used)
Garlic powder (original recipe doesn't have, but I added)
Pepperoni (or other pizza-type toppings)
Pizza sauce (for dipping)

Warm a medium/large skillet or griddle over medium heat.  Butter each piece of bread on one side. When skillet is hot, place a piece of bread, butter side down, on the skillet.
*Warm a medium/large skillet over medium heat. Butter each piece of bread on one side. When skillet is hot place a piece of bread butter side down on the skillet then add one slice of cheese and small shake of Italian seasoning or basil (add a small shake of Parmesan cheese here too if desired). Top with a desired amount of pepperonis (I used about 8 -10 whole regular pepperonis per sandwich) If any other toppings are desired, add now. Add another slice of mozzarella and top with slice bread butter side up.
Repeat with second sandwich. When bottom slice is golden brown then flip over carefully. Once both sides are brown remove from pan cut and serve with pizza sauce if desired.


Makes 2 Sandwiches


Then add one slice of cheese, small shake of Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder.  
Top with pepperonis (my kids would want more pepperonis when I make these again....so about 10 or 12 would be better).  If other toppings are desired, add now.
Add the second slice of cheese and top with bread, buttered side up.  Grill until browned on bottom.
Flip carefully and grill other side until browned.

Serve immediately, with pizza sauce, if desired.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

sounds good - I would probably use the turkey pepperoni!

 
Pin It button on image hover