Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Banana Bread Bars

There's a recipe that's been going around Facebook for months....maybe even a year....that looks delicious!  I kept thinking I would make it some day, but haven't yet.  However, a friend did make them last week and said they were SUPER!  So, since she thought they were great, I was pretty sure I would think they were great and decided to pass it on to YOU!  You're welcome :).

I'm not sure of the original poster of this recipe, but thank you to whoever you are!!

Ingredients:
Banana Bread Bars:
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
½ cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 ¾ cups (3 or 4) ripe bananas, mashed
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Browned Butter Frosting:
½ cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
about 3 tablespoons milk or half and half

Instructions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour 10x15 jelly roll pan. Beat first four ingredients until creamy. Blend in bananas and vanilla for one minute. Add dry ingredients and blend for one minute. Stir in nuts and spread in pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Cool slighty until warm but not hot and frost with Browned Butter Frosting (recipe below).

For the Browned Butter Frosting:
Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat past the melting point until it is boiling and a delicate brown. Remove from the heat and immediately add the remaining ingredients. This should be thicker than a glaze and thinner than frosting. Using a spatula smooth over the top of the Monkey Squares immediately. The frosting will be easier to spread once it's on the warm bread.
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These sound good. I have not seen this recipe before. Hmm I thought everything went around on pintrest these days. ;)


erika

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I might have to try this one, esp the icing! I make a banana sheet cake and put a little mashed banana in the cream cheese frosting and my family loves it. So much my oldest son wanted it for his birthday cake!

Amy in Edmond said...

I saw this on pinterest and started making this recipe. My family loves it. We had a lot of frozen bananas to use up and now they are gone.

Unknown said...

GREAT! Thanks, Amy! I still haven't tried it, but am looking forward to doing so!

 
Pin It button on image hover