Thursday, December 16, 2010

Carrot Bread

Posted by Donna:

I posted the recipe for a carrot cake a few weeks ago. Two weeks ago, I decided to make carrot bread. My favorite blog, other than Lori's, of course, is cherryhillcottage.typepad.com

The lady that posts this is so good at decorating--- very simply and inexpensively. She uses a lot of vintage decorations as well. My whole house is full of "give me's." If I took everything out of my house that had been given to me, I wouldn't have very much left. I call my house "eclectic"--my fancy word for all my mismatches and old furniture. Be sure and check out her blog. You'll get great ideas from her. A few weeks ago, she posted her recipe for Carrot Bread. It sounded and looked so good---I just had to try it. This is her recipe, minus a couple of spices. I will tell you that it gets better the longer it sits in the refrigerator.



Carrot Bread



1 tsp. butter, melted

1 cup flour

1/2 cup sugar

3/4 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. allspice

1/3 cup vegetable oil

2 eggs

2 cups grated carrots (It takes a 1 lb. bag to get this amount.)



***The original recipe called for 1/4 tsp. cloves and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg. I don't like strong spices; so, I omitted these.

Mix all together and pour into one greased/floured loaf pan or two small greased/floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Let the bread cool about 15 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack.


After the bread has cooled completely, frost with a cream cheese icing.



Cream Cheese Frosting


3 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature

3 T. butter, softened

1 tsp. vanilla



Beat with a mixer on high until smooth.



Add 1 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar



After icing the loaves, sprinkle with crushed pecans. Store in the refrigerator.






Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

CAN'T go wrong with icing like that!

chemo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
college of computer qassim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Pin It button on image hover