Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Meatloaf Calzone


When our college girl came home over Labor Day weekend, she requested meatloaf.  (Of all things!)  I'm not a huge meatloaf fan, and hardly ever fixed it when she was growing up, so I was surprised.  Since she's at college where my parents live, I blamed my dad for influencing this choice! Haha!!  He's rubbing off on her :).  So, we had meatloaf....
The day she left, I had an idea for something. She really likes calzone, so I decided to combine the leftover meat with calzones.
I heated the meatloaf up, then sliced it.  Using Rhoades frozen dough (the balls, but you could use the loaf), put 5 or 6 balls together and made an oval shape, putting a slice or two of meatloaf in the middle. I should have sprinkled some cheese in there, too.  Seal up the edges of the dough, then place the calzones seam-side down on a baking sheet.  Brush with melted butter.  Sprinkle with garlic powder.
Bake at 350 degrees until browned.  I served the calzones with leftover meatloaf sauce, but not everyone liked it with the sauce.

It's fun making up things like this....when they work! :)  What have you created lately?
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Well I love meatloaf too so I may have to have her over when I make it! My favorite thing to do with it is warm up a slice and put some cheese on it and broil it for a few minutes till the cheese bubbles. Put it on toast and you have a great meatloaf sandwich.

 
Pin It button on image hover