Sunday, September 6, 2009

Festive Cranberry-Pineapple Salad

Posted by Donna:

With the holidays quickly approaching, I thought this gelatin salad recipe would be good to have on hand. My aunt shared this with me last year, and I made it for both Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.

1 can (20 oz.) DOLE Crushed Pineapple
2 pkg. ( 4-serving size each) JELLO-O Raspberry Flavor Gelatin
1 can (16 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
1 medium red apple, chopped
2/3 cup chopped pecans

Drain the pineapple, reserving the liquid in a 1 qt. liquid measuring cup. Add enough cold water to the reserved liquid to measure 3 cups; pour into a large sauce pan. Bring the liquid to a boil; remove from heat. Add gelatin; stir at least 2 minutes, or until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Add cranberry sauce; stir until well blended. Because of the whole berries in the cranberry sauce, the gelatin mixture willl not be completely smooth. Pour the mixture into a large bowl. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours. Stir in the pineapple, the apples and pecans; stir gently until well blended. Pour into a medium serving bowl. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.

It was hard for me to change from just a plain can of jellied cranberry sauce to serve with my holiday meals. I love the canned sauce. Since I have a standard menu for my holiday meals each year, this was a nice change.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover