Friday, March 1, 2013

Green Eggs and Ham

Did YOU eat green eggs and ham this morning?  If not, why not? 

Today, in celebration of children's author, Dr. Seuss's birthday (March 2), many schools are celebrating this day in different ways.  Our youngest requested green eggs and ham for breakfast this morning.  The funny thing about it, is that he doesn't even like eggs! He thought his siblings would enjoy it, which they did.

I remember learning from a friend whose mother taught Home Ec for years that 'blue' is the least appetizing color of food.  If you think about it, there aren't any 'real' blue foods.  It's just not natural.  For me, though, this green is right up there with it!  Green eggs?  I'll pass!  A lot of kids think it's sure fun, though.  

For Dr. Seuss's birthday, I thought I would leave you with one of my favorite quotes from his book/movie, The Lorax:

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover