Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Roast, Potatoes and Gravy

Posted by Lori:

While I haven't had time to make any new recipes lately, I have been trying new ways to use up leftovers.

 I've also finely gotten our roast dinners exactly like we like them.  Through the years some have been good and some have been okay.  A few have just been bad.  Some of those times I may have bought the wrong type of roast for the way I cooked it.  Not sure.
If I was in a hurry, I would skip a step and it just never turned out exactly like we liked it.  Now that we all agree this way is best (according to what we like, that is!), we've had it several times lately.....then have lots of leftovers. (I'll share the roast technique soon.)
You may remember the Roast Beef Sundaes.  They're fun!  And we use it for making roast sandwiches or mixing it with barbeque for sandwiches, but this time I decided to make a layered casserole with the leftover roast, potatoes, and gravy. 
It was a big hit with everyone!  Our mashed (creamed) potatoes are usually with the skins off, but did them differently this time.  Most everyone liked them this way just as well.  The littlest in the family did not!
So, as the pictures show....just layer potatoes, roast, gravy and then repeat.  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.  I had some frozen rolls (Sister Shubert's brand) that they opened up and put the casserole on top.  It was very good!  
Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover