Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chicken Tostadas

Posted by Lori:

This recipe is an accidental success....meaning that it accidently turned into something that was good, enjoyed tremendously by my family, and then became posted for you as a new recipe.  It's great when that happens!  Because, as I've told you before.....you never know about the failures!  (There are plenty of them.  I assure you!)

But, on to this new recipe.....

Right before we walked out the door for a football game, I decided to put some frozen chicken breast in the oven to bake - not knowing exactly what I would do with them once we got home.  I decided to pour a can of enchilada sauce and a can of cream of chicken soup over the chicken (I used 6 frozen chicken breasts.)  It slowly baked (covered with foil)- at 300 degrees - for two hours (less if using fresh chicken) while we were gone.

I could tell by the way it looked when I removed the foil, that it was cooked perfectly - not too dry.  I decided to make Chicken Tostadas using some tostada shells I bought a few weeks ago and planned to use some day. 

It turned out really, really good.  My kiddos were hungry and would have eaten anything I fixed, but they were glad to have a meal that was different and delicious.  It seems like one of those spurts where we've just "made do" with what we've had and we've been on the go for a while. (My husband was gone to pick up some show goats, so I didn't get his opinion.)

Here's how to put it together.  Place tostada shell on plate.  Cut chicken into strips and layer desired amount on tostada.  Spoon enchilada sauce/soup mixture over chicken.  Top with ranch-style beans and other items, as desired:   lettuce, tomato, onions, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc.  Enjoy!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover