Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fried Apples

Posted by Donna:

Last year I had lunch with two of my aunts at Cracker Barrel. They both ordered fried apples. They wanted me to taste them since I had never eaten them there. I just loved them. Ever since then, I've wanted to make them for myself. I finally got around to doing that the other night. Since I'm trying to stay off chocolate for a while, these sounded like they might hit the spot. Of course, I had to figure out how to make them. After looking up some recipes on line, I decided to just experiment and do my own thing. The only thing, I sure wished I had some ice cream on hand.

This is a recipe for one Granny Smith Apple:

Peel the apple and cut into slices or rings. (Don't make the apples slices too thin.)

In a skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons sugar and 4 very small pinches of cinnamon. Add the sliced apples to the skillet. Stir the apples in order to coat them on both sides with the mixture. Reduce the heat to low. Cover the skillet and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the apples slices are tender. Be sure and turn the slices frequently.

They're great by themselves, but serving them with ice cream would be a treat, too.





Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I really love these. You can have them for breakfast as a pancake topping or just by themselves!

 
Pin It button on image hover