Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Praline Pecan Morsels

Posted by Lori:
Every year in December, our county has a pecan show. Because many grow pecans around here, there are lots of entries. The entries can be whole, shelled pecans or baked goods that have pecans as an ingredient.

My kids and I have entered food items from time to time. As 4-H leader, I've been encouraging my 4-H club members to enter something in the show. Trying to be a good example, I figured I should enter something, too. So, I searched for something simple for the contest and found these "Praline Pecan Morsels".

This is a Paula Deen recipe and it turned out great! If you like cinnamon, I think it would also be good to add a little bit of it to the recipe as a variation.

Praline Pecan Morsels

2 cups whole pecans
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (I used regular)
4 tablespoons heavy (whipping)cream
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine pecans, brown sugar, and heavy cream. Spread into a square baking pan, sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes (mine baked about 30), or until coating is dry, and slightly crystallized, stirring once. Remove from oven to cool and stir once more. If not serving immediately, store in an airtight container.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover